Practical 6
1. Do you think it is more effective to search the invisible web (databases) than using search engines, meta-search or subject directories? Why?
It depends on the user at the end of the day. For me, if compared to meta-search and invisible web, I choose meta-search as it has been able to give me the search queries that I needed. It will come down to the service support that it gives towards the user, finding the right materials for the user's chosen topics.
2. Will you use the invisible web (databases) for research in your own respective Diplomas? Why?
No, mainly because it doesn't give me the relevant search queries that I am seeking for. The level of relevancy to each word is key but the topics that were able to find from the invisible web was irrelevant.
3. What have you learnt from your wiki experience during this practical? I learnt that there are many more search engines other than google and yahoo, and the other online search engine could provide other means and ways to help the user find and gather the information needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment